So I’m currently at the airport, checked in, bag dropped and ready to embark on my first (hopefully of many) solo trip. In complete honesty, I’m freaking out a little. I feel so ready to cry but I don’t think it’s with sadness or being scared, I think it’s the excitement just not sure how to get out.
I’ve sat myself in a corner, wiped down all the surfaces around me (no corona virus here thanks) and the following is an insight into the whole mix of emotions that are currently running through my head:
- I need to stop the tears, I’m not sad, I’m excited!
- That bacon sandwich was rubbish;
- Why doesn’t this airport have a Spoons!?
- I can’t believe I’m actually doing this, I’m so proud of myself.
- I really hope that baby I can hear screaming isn’t on my flight.
- This is going to be an adventure of a lifetime, what the hell, I’m so excited.
- Oop gate information is up!
- Is it too soon to start eating the sweets I have for the plane ( I’m going with no).
- How much is too much hand sanitiser??
- Oh God, more crying babies.
- I hope I’m sat next to someone nice on the plane, actually who am I kidding, I’ll be asleep before we take off, it doesn’t matter!
Ahh, that’s it, I’m boarding… Wish me luck!!